Monday, April 28, 2008

Keep Your Kids from Stealing


My mother forwarded me a series of photographs which shows what one woman had her son do as a punishment for stealing. The mother wrote on a sign “Hi I'm 13 years old. I steal I want to go to prison to be with my Daddy!" The woman took a lawn chair and sat while her son stood on the street sharing his sin with the world. I know if my mom had me do something like that I wouldn't steal again! I shared the e-mail with several friends and everyone had very different opinions about the situation. Some people were horrified that a mother would make her son publically humiliate himself, others though his mom did something positive for him by embarrassing him openly. It's truly a case of tough love I think, I don't know if I would be able to make my child do that. I'm sure he didn't enjoy the experience; if it kept him from stealing in the future I think his mom did something good for him.

No comments: